Hello DJ Rockin Steve!
We are beyond pleased with how everything went Saturday!!! You and your wife did an amazing job!!!
Mike and Kelli R.
(because I can say that now haha... read more
However having your Pittsburgh Wedding DJ play one or two of these songs just doesn't bring about the intensity and energy all by themselves. It's specific songs, played at the right time and building the anticipation which ultimately lands the majority of the remaining guests huddled around the bride and groom that makes areception the best it can be. These create those awesome memories captured by your wedding photographer that you will treasure forever.
We are constantly playing different songs as our guests,clientele and wedding venues are always changing. Take a trip down memory lane with these classic rock, pop, soul and country songs.
These top 100 wedding sing-along songs listed below are the most requested and played tunes at our Pittsburgh weddings over the last several years. Though I believe some of these songs should be closer to the top, times and people are changing. The younger people are not as familiar with the classics and with new music being released every day it is becoming harder and harder for those great tunes of tester-year to hold on to their top positions.
Starting with the least requested and played of the top 100 sing-along songs, all the way through to the most sought after and best sing-along songs ever. No fair peaking ahead.
100. Lady Marmalade-Christina Aguilera, Lil Kim, May & Pink 2001
99. We're Not Gonna Take It-Twisted Sister 1984
98. Soul Man-Sam and Dave 1967
97. Love Is Like A Rock-Donnie Iris 1981
96. Come On Feel The Noise-Quiet Riot 1983
95. Kung Fu Fighting-Carl Douglas 1974
94. Rock 'n' Roll part II-Gary Glitter 1972
93. Low Rider-War 1975
92. Red Red Wine-UB40 1984
91. You Gotta Fight, For Your Right To Party-Beastie Boys 1986
90. 867-5309 Jenny Jenny-Tommy Tutone 1982
89. Tubthumping-Chumbawamba 1997
88. Do Wah Diddy Diddy-Manfred Man 1964
87. Louie Louie-Kingsmen 1964
86. Beat It-Michael Jackson 1983
85. R.O.C.K. In The U.S.A.-John Cougar 1986
84. I Want You Back-Jackson 5 1970
83. Day-O, Banana Boat Song-Harry Belafonte 1956
82. America-Neil Diamond 1981
81. We Got The Beat-Go Go's 1982
80. You're The One That I Want-Olivia Newton John & John Travolta 1978
79. Margaritaville-Jimmy Buffett 1977
78. Piano Man-Billy Joel 1974
77. Only The Good Die Young-Billy Joel 1977
76. American Pie-Don McLean 1972
75. It's The End Of The World-R.E.M. 1987
74. Hit The Road Jack-Ray Charles 1961
73. Come On Eileen-Dexy's Midnight Runners 1983
72. Family Tradition-Hank Williams Jr. 1978
71. Lean On Me-Bill Withers 1972
70. It's My Life-Bon Jovi 2000
69. Tequila-Champs 1958
68. Take Me Home Tonight-Eddie Money 1986
67. Paradise By The Dashboard Lights-Meat Loaf 1978
66. Any Way You Want It-Journey 1980
65. All The Small Things-Blink 182 1999
64. Glory Days-Bruce Springsteen 1984
63. I Want You, To Want Me-Cheap Trick 1979
62. Your Love-Outfield 1986
61. Proud Mary-Ike and Tina Turner 1971
60. Take Me Home, Country Roads John Denver 1971
59. I've Had, The Time Of My Life-Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes 1987
58. I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)-Proclaimers 1993
57. December 1963, Oh What A Night-Four Seasons 1976
56. Summer of '69-Bryan Adams 1985
55. I Don't Want To Miss A Thing-Aerosmith 1998
54. Sweet Home Alabama-Lynyrd Skynyrd 1974
53. Chapel Of Love-Dixie Cups 1964
52. It's Raining Men-Weather Girls 1983
51. I Love This Bar-Toby Keith 2003
50. You Can Call Me Al-Paul Simon 1986
49. What Is Love-Haddaway 1993
48. You Give Love A Bad Name-Bon Jovi 1986
47. Lion Sleeps Tonight-Tokens 1961
46. Thank God I'm A Country Boy-John Denver 1975
45. Wannabe-Spice Girls 1996
44. Kokomo-Beach Boys 1988
43. Super Freak-Rick James 1981
42. Can't Get Enough Of Your Love-Barry White 1974
41. We Like To Party-Vengaboys 1999
40. Sugar Sugar-Archies 1969
39. Mickey-Toni Basil 1982
38. Na Na, Hey Hey, Kiss Him Good-Bye-Steam 1969
37. New York, New York-Frank Sinatra 1977
36. You're The First, Last, My Everything-Barry White 1975
35. Last Dance-Donna Summer 1978
34. Grease Mega Mix-John Travolta/Olivia Newton John 1978
33. Jessie's Girl-Rick Springfield 1981
32. Runaround Sue-Dion 1961
31. Walking On Sunshine-Katrina & The Waves 1985
30. Don't Stop Believin'-Journey 1981
29. Volare-Dean Martin 1958
28. Brown Eyed Girl-Van Morrison 1967
27. Crazy Little Thing Called Love-Queen 1980
26. Man! I Feel Like A Woman-Shania Twain 1999
25. Build Me Up Buttercup-Foundations 1969
24. Friends In Low Places-Garth Brooks 1990
23. Pour Some Sugar On Me-Def Leppard 1987
22. Respect-Aretha Franklin 1967
21. You Shook Me All Night Long-AC/DC 1980
20. I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch)-Four Tops 1965
19. Dancing Queen-ABBA 1977
18. Brick House-Commodores 1977
17. Don't Stop 'Till You Get Enough-Michael Jackson 1979
16. Ain't Too Proud To Beg-Temptations 1966
15. Billie Jean-Michael Jackson 1983
14. Ice Ice Baby-Vanilla Ice 1990
13. Livin' On A Prayer-Bon Jovi 1987
12. I Will Survive-Gloria Gaynor 1979
11. Love Shack-B-52's 1989
Okay, so you have reached the Top 10 Best Wedding Sing-along Songs of the present day. I hope you have enjoyed the ride this far, now let's check out the best sing-along songs of this list.
10. Old Time Rock 'n' Roll-Bob Seger
With visions of a young Tom Cruise sliding into the room strumming an air guitar, this 1979 rock classic has held it's ground at both weddings and party's.
9. We Are Family-Sister Sledge
From 1979, this hit is a favorite of the disco era. Though it has been fading in popularity recently it will always remain a favorite of close adult family members.
8. Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy-Big and Rich
A hit classic among country fans this favorite is both a great sing-along and wedding introduction song. From 2004 this tune ranks 8th in our list.
7. That's Amore'-Dean Martin
A favorite of Italians and many others this classic after dinner song is perfect for a wedding atmosphere filled with love. Despite only reaching #2 position on the Top 40 charts, That's Amore is still a classic.
6. Girls Just Want To Have Fun-Cyndi Lauper
Female pop rocker hit of the 80's this song reminds us of some the different views between parents and children. From long before 1984 it's obvious that girls really do just want to have fun.
5. Mony Mony-Billy Idol
A classic 80's rock song released in 1987 by this British Rocker. It was Idol's 9th Top 40 hit and is a sure magnet to dancers and singers alike.
4. Play That Funky Music-Wild Cherry
Their only Top 40 song, this American Funk Rock bands 1976 hit brings back many memories for your middle aged wedding guests and will cause them to "get down and get funky"!
3. I Gotta Feeling-Black Eyed Peas
From 2009 this pop hit is still in it's infancy and there is no telling how long it can hang on at wedding receptions locally. With drinks in hand I Gotta Feeling can get party go-ers jumping up and down.
2. Sweet Caroline-Neil Diamond
With just the first few notes this 1969 pop hit is quickly recognized. It will get guests holding hands to shoulders swaying back and forth singing "Bump Bump Ba", "Let's Go Pitt" or even "Let's Go Pens".
1. My Girl-Temptations
This Top 40 hit from 1965 is virtually a must at all Pittsburgh Weddings. Formed in 1961 this Detroit Michigan band holds 13 gold and 6 platinum albums. My Girl is a perfect after dinner or late night throw-back sing-along and tops our list of Top 100 Wedding Sing-Along Songs.
These top 100 wedding sing-along songs change every year. I will update this best wedding sing-along song list from time to time.
See more top music lists in our Section Widget (top right).
DJ Rockin Steve Credo